1. The first fruit offering honors God, it is the first, and the best of your increases; it’s a portion. The first fruit offering is not the tithe. The tithe is ten percent; the first fruit is a first portion and best of the increase. God blesses the rest!! (2 Chronicles 31:5, Romans 11:6)
2. The first fruit offering is a gift to a man or woman of God, or someone who is serving the Lord in ministry (Numbers 18:13, Deuteronomy 18:4, 26:10.) The first fruit is not given because the minister needs it. It is given to encourage the minister of God and help free them financially so they can focus on the Word and work of God. It is given out of obedience and to partner with the anointing. (2 Chronicles 31:5).
3. The first fruit offering is given, as the giver waves it before the Lord. The believer’s home is blessed. (Leviticus 23:20, Ezekiel 44:30.)
4. First fruit offerings cause storehouses (bank accounts, stocks, bonds, etc.) to overflow.
5. First fruit offerings cause fresh revelation. (Proverbs 3:9-10)
6. First fruit offering honors God! (Deuteronomy 26:10)